Power of Attorney/Third Party Authority

    What is a Power of Attorney (POA)/Third Party Authority (TPA)?

    A Power of Attorney is a way of giving someone you trust, your attorney, the legal authority to make decisions on your behalf if you lose mental capacity at some point in the future, or if you no longer want to make decisions for yourself.

    If you do not have a POA and East Riding Pension Fund are told that you have become incapable of dealing with your own affairs then the East Riding Pension Fund will look to allow someone to deal with your East Riding pension on your behalf.

    How do I get a POA/TPA?

    There are two types of Power of Attorney - property and financial affairs, and health and welfare - and each requires a separate application. You can do this yourself or get a solicitor to handle the application for you.

    If someone to needs apply for third party authority on your behalf then they should contact the Pensioner Payroll Team on (01482) 394114 for an application form.

    Member Self Service is here!

    Access Member Self Service